- Montserrat comprises the Sanctuary of the Virgin Mary of Montserrat and the Benedictine monastery, which, for almost 1,000 years, has been at the service of pilgrims from all over the world, who come to worship the Black Madonna, a Romanesque sculpture dating from the late 12th century featuring delicately carved features.
- You start booking the time of this visit. You can do the rest of the visit before or after this time.
- The Basilica of Montserrat, the temple which houses the Holy Image of Our Lady of Montserrat, was built in the secon half of the 16th Century. Architecturally it falls between the Gothic tradition and the new forms of the Renaissance and is made up of a single nave with side chapels.
- The monks congregate several times a day in the Basilica for their religious offices.
- The audio guide will take you through the most important areas of the Sanctuary.
The funds obtained are used to pay for the maintenance of Montserrat as a whole and to collaborate in the various activities with a social purpose promoted by the Monastery.